Today was my annual Christmas Day run, where I go for a short (or long – depending on the temp) at my parent’s house. Today was definitely a short run – check out the temp:
Still felt exhilarating, though.
Okay – time for the easiest (but so fun) Halloween costume idea, crafted specifically for runners, and inspired by a friend of mine (she knows who she is):
80s Marathon Runner
- One shoulder day-glo sweatshirt, with a ‘rough cut’ neckline (Guys – swap for a color block track jacket)
- Neon tank top underneath the sweatshirt (Guys – go for a v-neck tee with some chest hair popping out)
- As overstated and ridiculous leggings possible
- Neon running shorts, over the leggings
- Puma or Adidas sneakers (preferably white)
- Extra fluffy, teased – out hair
- A box of Life cereal
Run in place for every photo, talk loudly about your negative splits, and speculate on this year’s Olympic hopefuls.
Guess which one’s the lie:
1. I love hard cider.
2. A need for a scarf and knitted hat is a-okay by me.
3. I hate Fall running.
Um, yeah – you probably figured that one out quick. I always forget just how much I love Fall running until I’m running past a swirl of red and orange hues, with the brisk crunch of leaves under my sneakers. It’s the perfect temperature for running – not too cold yet, but not warm enough to leave you sweating. Ah, Fall, you’re a charmer.
P.S. If you’ve never played Two Truths and a Lie as a kid or as a grown-up party game, you’re missing out.
I’ve always heard beach running is awesome – the soft sand beneath your feet, the waves crashing next to you, and the happiness of all the beach goers only adding to your own.
I disagree. If you’ve ever ran on the beach, you’ll know it is hard work. It is easily 5x more difficult than pavement running, combined with much more stress on the ankles. You’ve also got seagulls to contend with.
Okay – I’m being a little facetious here, but you’ve gotta admit – beach running is way harder than it looks, and I applaud anyone who does it regularly – you are truly actors.